DH9 Hydronic Diesel Hot Water System with D5E HS3 Eberspacher Furnace – KIT
The unique DH9 Hydronic diesel hot water system provides fast hot water and optional air heating in a super compact form. Say goodbye to the hassles, risk (in boats) and cost of LPG and enjoy the benefits of hot water and air heating from one compact setup when free camping, sailing or off the grid. Powered by the latest D5E HS3 hydronic furnace by Eberspacher, this is the smallest, quietest and most versatile diesel hot water system.
SUPER COMPACT DIESEL HOT WATER FOR SLIDE ON CAPMERS, SMALL VANS AND OTHER RIGS WHERE SPACE IS TIGHT
The DH9 is Dieselheat’s smallest and most versatile diesel hot water system, with super fast heat up time, the DH9 will provide a sink full of hot water or a continuous shower at 2.5L/min within 6-7 min of a cold start whilst occupying a space the size of a couple of shoe boxes.
The beautifully engineered D5E HS3 furnace from Eberspacher modulates it’s heat output from 1.3 to 5kW, so the DH9 can work with a small coolant volume whilst avoiding excessive cycling, this also minimizes noise and power consumption.
The DH9 is sold as a kit and installation is super flexible to suit small spaces. The package includes the genuine Eberspacher installation kit which has a significant amount of mounting hardware, coolant pipe and other items to facilitate installation of the furnace beside the tank or remote under the floor on a chassis rail, in a separate box etc.
The DH9 has the following features
- Our most compact hydronic system
- Modular tank and furnace are not mounted together, providing maximum flexibility for installing in tight locations
- All 316 stainless steel, suitable for caravans and boats
- Fast heat up time, around 7min from cold
- Integrated air heating (optional)
- Includes Watermark approved tempering valve and plate heat exchanger to ensure hot water is always delivered at safe temperatures
Pair the DH9 with a Bricor Ultra Max low flow shower head to have super water wise showers – 0nly 2.5L/min, great for a caravan or boat where water is limited.
By adding in a Kalori fan head, the DH9 diesel hot water becomes an effective air heater, giving off up to 4kW of air heating from the single quiet Kalori Silencio 2 fan head.
The advantages of the brand new Eberspacher D5E HS3 Furnace include:
- much quieter in terms of the combustion fan and overall noise
- uses the new Eberspacher super quiet fuel pump (no ticking sound)
- drops to low power much faster, so re-starts are much gentler and quieter
- longer service life – 3000 hours is claimed
- stepless power output from 1.3 to 5kW
- when using fan heads for air heating, as long as the fan head is dissipating over 1.3kW it won’t cycle at all, and at low power it is as quiet as an air heater
- soft start water pump that primes more easily
- improved water and dust resistance
- excellent installation kit
Time to useable hot water from cold start: 6-7min
Time to fully hot: 9-10min
Regeneration time between showers: 4min
Length of shower assuming 30 degree temp rise using Dieselheat shower heads:
Bricor UltraMax 2.5L/min @ 40PSI: >15min (recommended shower head)
Bricor Elite 4L/min @ 40PSI: 4.5min (pushing the limits, better to use a DH15 for this shower head)
Length of time the system can achieve a 30 deg temperature rise:
2L/min – >15min
3L/min – 9min
4L/min – 3.5min
5L/min – 2 min
These numbers are all affected by ambient temperature, installation layout and assume no concurrent air heating, so should be taken as a guide.
Tank including cap and mounting tabs:
290W x 280H x 160D
Tank allowing for install brackets and plumbing fittings (required space) not including furnace:
400W x 300H x 160D
Minimum install space with the furnace beside the tank
600W x 300H x 160D